This is just about the simplest pasta sauce I will ever be seen to use. It's also good as a dipping sauce, sandwich spread, barbeque sauce... you name it :D Now I just need to figure out if my virus-ridden throat is up to trying pasta, yet x_xTomato Tachina Wondersauce
- 2 tbsp organic tachina/tahini (pure sesame seed paste; non-organice can be used but it just doesn't taste the same)
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce (American: ketchup)
- a few drops of lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- optional: zaatar
- Mix the tachina with about an equal amount of water, preferably near-boiling. Cold water will work, but you'll be stirring for a while and cursing as you do. It should come to the consistency of a creamy sauce. Too thin? Add more tachina. Too thick? Add more water! Remember to increase the other ingredients to match the rough final amount of tachina.
- Add the tomato sauce, lemon juice, and garlic. Mix vigorously.
- Optional: If you're feeling zesty, throw in a few pinches of zaatar, or just use it as a dusting over the top.
And that's it! Done! I tend to mix mine in with freshly cooked pasta for a simple meal when I can't be bothered with any elaborate cooking procedures. Boil pasta, mix tachina, eat ^_^
Leftover sauce can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for a few days.